LAN Messenger is a free and open source cross-platform instant messaging application for communication over a local network. It does not require a server. A number of useful features including event notifications, file transfer and message logging are provided.
- Instant messagingConnect and chat with users on your network.
- Secure messaging for privacyAll messages are protected by AES encryption with RSA as the key exchange mechanism.
- Broadcast messagesSend notifications to all users or specified users.
- File transferExchange files with others easily.
- Organize contactsArrange your contacts into groups for easier management.
- Message loggingPast conversations are logged and can be retreived at any time.
- Serverless architectureA server does not need to be set up on the network for LAN Messenger to work.
- No internet connection requiredAs the name suggests, LAN Messenger works inside the local network and does not require internet access. This helps to minimize external threats.
- Multilanguage user interfaceYou can select the language for the user interface.
- Cross-platform supportAll the features of this application are supported on Windows, Mac and Linux. The interface is fully integrated with the native environment of each platform.